If you are a caregiver for someone, its important that you take precautions for your safety and for the safety of the person you are caring for. Here are some steps you can take to reduce chances of transmitting the virus.
Coronavirus Precautions for Caregivers
1. Frequently wash hands with soap and water. Wash hands for atleast 20 seconds
2. Wear gloves while providing care to minimize direct contact with bodily fluids
3. Cover your cough or sneeze in your elbow
4. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth as this is the most common way for the virus to enter the body
5. Avoid going to work if you are sick
You should continue to follow and monitor CDC page or our COVID-19 for caregivers guide for latest on the spread, safety measures to take and other useful information about the virus.