We provide qualified Veterans home care services covered through VA benefits. This benefit is also available for Veteran spouse. In order to qualify for VA benefits, you must meet following ‘4M’ criteria:
Criteria to Receive Veterans Home Care Through VA Aid & Attendance Benefit
- Military Service
- Medical Needs
- Monetary Limits (Limited Asset and income)
- Marriage (Surviving spouse)
- Must have atleast 90 days of Active Duty (doesn’t require in a combat role)
- Atleast one of those 90 days should be during a war period. See below for war periods as defined by VA
- Received other than dishonorable discharge
- Over 65 years of age
- Documented medical need, needing assistance with activities of daily living (some examples: can’t drive, can’t hear, limited mobility, chronic illness etc)
- Low income (qualified expenses can be counted towards reducing your income, for example medical expenses)
- Total assets should be less than $123,000
- Personal assets (including primary home, car) are not counted towards asset limit
- Surviving spouse must be married to the Veteran at the time of Veteran’s death
VA Defined War Periods
- World War II: December 7, 1941-December 31, 1946
- Korean Conflict: June 27, 1950-January 31, 1955
- Vietnam Era: August 5, 1964-May 7, 1975 Veterans who served February 28, 1961-August 5, 1964, must have served “in country” (Vietnam)
- Persian Gulf War: August 2, 1990- date to be prescribed by Presidential Proclamation or law. Must have served active duty for two years or the full period of which the veteran was called for active duty
Depending upon your qualifications, you may receive upto 100 hours of care each month.
What Services Are Covered under Veterans Home Care?
Qualified Veterans can receive following services under our Veteran’s home care program:
Personal Hygiene like Bathing, Dressing & Grooming, Incontinence Care
Alzheimer’s & Dementia Care, Cancer Care, After Surgery Care, Stroke Patient Care, Medication Reminders
Transportation for Appointments, Running Errands
Do I qualify for Veterans Home Care?
Not sure if you qualify? Give us a call and we can help you find out if and how much benefits you qualify for. You can also contact your local VA office to find out about your qualifications. We have streamlined the whole process where you don’t need to go anywhere or stand in long lines; we come to you and work with you from start to finish. We can help you find out if you qualify, help you through the application process all the way through to placing a caregiver so that you or your loved one is fully taken care of. What is more, due to our experience, you can start receiving benefits much faster compared to going through the process on your own. Call us now at (832) 612-0472 or submit the online form to ask any questions or get the process started.